Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Questions & Answers & Other Silly Explainations

Hey folks,

A few of your have e-mailed recently asking why you'd been taken off my list or why you hadn't gotten a new Fugue in some time. Well...I've stopped sending them. I thought that perhaps setting up the blog page would be easier than me mass e-mailing. And it has been...for me...so I'm sending this one on to remind everyone where they can catch all my latest ramblings:

http://toccataandfugue.blogspot.com/

And for those even fewer who wrote asking why I hadn't posted anything on the blog in a while, well...things have been a bit crazy, but I'm trying to get back onto a regular schedule. Check back on Wednesdays and you'll see what I mean.

In the meantime, why have I been busy?

Well...for one, I've got a 7 month old son now in addition to a wife. So that keeps me pretty busy, especially since I'm playing Mister Mom most of the time.

It's truly amazing watching Malcolm grow and change so fast. He recently started pulling himself up onto things, so that's been making things really fun. If you're interested in photos check out the following link:

http://www.seemegrow.net/gallery/fenster


That site will get updated once a month, but we'll let you know when.

In the meantime, Natasha has been performing in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof in Darien for the last two weekends. The show ends this coming weekend (and it's sold out I believe, but you can always call 655-5414 for tickets). It'll be nice to have her back...at least until the next show. She just auditioned for The Pirates of Penzance (which opens in April if she gets a part) and I'm producing Room Service, which opens in March, and then directing Sly Fox, which opens in May. Malcolm sometimes spends way too much time at the theater so he better like it when he gets old enough to appreciate it.

It's been interesting trying to make this work and we'll have to change tactics (meaning hire a babysiter aside from my parents) if we've got three shows between the two of us coming up.

The house is almost done on the inside. We've been finished with the first contractor since October and the second contractor is finishing up some minor work inside this week. Everything else we want to get done is all outside (and quick work)....so yay to that!

While Tash & I have been trying to get to the movies to see a variety of things, it just hasn't worked out. We'll keep trying...but in the meantime we're catching up on DVDs. The next post will be a series of reviews of everything we've caught recently. My annual Best/Worst of the Year will not appear until closer to the end of february as I realized I hadn't seen enough films to properly fill out either list (and some major ones will be missing at the end of the day anyway).

As to why I haven't commented on Daniel Craig being picked as the new James Bond...well...I'm waiting for the whole enchilada (so to speak) of who else is in the film before commenting.

There'll be some good TV show reviews coming up shortly as well...along with a long in the works look at what's currently going on in DC Comics (yes...Earth 2 has returned for now)...

There are a few other things I've been working on, but they'll remain under wraps for a bit longer.

So...remember...if you don't get another one of these e-mails, it doesn't mean you've fallen off my list...it just means you need to check the link above as I will be updating it regularly...

Hope everyone is well and enjoying 2006 so far.

Be seeing you.

No comments: