Wednesday, May 20, 2009

2009-2010 Upfronts Part 4: CBS

Beyond "Criminal Minds" not much has won me over on CBS since my boycott years ago (you can look for the story elsewhere in my blog). It was a good excuse to prune my TV viewing and I still look for those excuses (in attempts to not watch new shows). So I don't really have much to say about most of these shows on CBS as I don't watch most of them. I'll try not to get too snarky.

MONDAY

8pm HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER

8:30 ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE -- Jenna Elfman stars as a single woman who finds herself "accidentally" pregnant. I'm sure it'll fit in with the rest of the network's comedies.

9pm TWO AND A HALF MEN -- I think they're going to try and break "According To Jim's" record for longest running mediocre comedy that you eventually forget is even on.

9:30 THE BIG BANG THEORY

10pm CSI: MIAMI-- Still on the air if only so Joel McHale can keep making fun of it on "The Soup"

TUESDAY

8pm NCIS -- What does this stand for anyway? No Carpet Is Stained? No CBS Is Stagnant?

9pm NCIS: LOS ANGELES -- A Spin-off that airs right after the original? And its not "CSI" based? Chris O'Donnell & LL Cool J star.

10pm THE GOOD WIFE -- Its a law drama mixed with a family drama as Julianna Margulies stars as a woman who goes back to her original job as a defense attourney after her husband (Chris Noth) is thrown in jail for a sex/political scandal. Christine Baranski also stars as a lawyer/mentor for Margulies. Hmmmm...may give it a shot.

WEDNESDAY

8pm THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE-- I'm still waiting for "The Old Adventures of New Christine"

8:30 GARY UNMARRIED

9pm CRIMINAL MINDS-- Sure I broke my CBS boycott because Mandy Patinkin was returning to TV, but I stuck around because even without him the show is still well written and well acted. And now we've got Joe Montegna which may be even better.

10pm CSI: NY-- Of the three shows in this "franchise", this is the one I really liked...but I was watching them on DVD and eventually had to prune the silly stuff from the collection (a work in progress). I do miss this on occassion, but not enough to go back.

THURSDAY

8pm SURVIVOR

9pm CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION

10pm THE MENTALIST

FRIDAY

8pm GHOST WHISPERER -- If you didn't think this was a rip-off of NBC's "Medium" you might now that that...

9pm MEDIUM -- has moved to CBS

10pm NUMB3RS

SATURDAY

8pm CRIMETIME SATURDAY

10pm 48 HOURS MYSTERY

SUNDAY

7pm 60 MINUTES

8pm THE AMAZING RACE -- Is it really that Amazing?

9pm THREE RIVERS --A medical show. How original.

10pm COLD CASE

MIDSEASON

Arranged Marriage -- Because we haven't seen enough humiliation during all the other "reality" shows on TV.

Undercover Boss -- A show where high level executives (you know...the guys who caused our economy to collapse) take a "pay cut" to find out what its really like to work in their companies. Now only if the bozos had done this years ago we wouldn't be in the mess they made.

The Bridge -- A cop show. Haven't seen one of these in a while. Especially on CBS' schedule.

Miami Trauma -- I'm pretty sure this is where the injured of "CSI: Miami" are gonna wind up. I know its where Caruso goes when he jabs himself in the eye with his sunglasses.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Eleventh Hour -- 1 Season/18 Episodes -- Meant to watch this as I like Rufus Sewell. Oh well.

The Ex-List -- 1 Season/13 Episodes/9 Unaired

Game Show In My Head -- 1 Season/1 Episode -- Guess it should have stayed in his head (whoever "he" is)

Harper's Island -- 1 Season/13 Episodes -- I liked the concept but apparently not enough to bother watching after it got terrible reviews.

The Unit -- 4 Seasons/69 Episodes -- Maybe Dennis Haysbert can get a job in Season 8 of "24" as a David Palmer clone or twin or maybe the real one isn't really dead.

Without A Trace -- 7 Seasons/160 Episodes -- And now it will live up to its title...wait...if both Eric Close & Dennis Haysbert are out of work...maybe CBS can finally bring back "Now And Again" especially since Glenn Gordon Carron is now working for them again since "Medium" has changed networks (I know that isn't how any of this works, but I can still have dreams, no?)

Worst Week -- 1 Season/15 Episodes

Tomorrow brings the end of the Network Upfronts with The CW.

Be seeing you.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

>>>9pm TWO AND A HALF MEN -- I think they're going to try and break "According To Jim's" record for longest running mediocre comedy that you eventually forget is even on.<<<

I thought that record was held by "Coach"?